Quotes & Booking Information
- All prices & rates are quoted in US dollars.
- Where required 9% hotel tax and 12.5% GST as well as individual hotel service charges will be indicated in all quotes provided to you.
- We invite you to fill in the contact form on any page and provide us with as much information as possible so that we can get back to you as quickly as possible with complete information.
- Keep in mind that the more information you give us the better we can respond to your request.
- Once you confirm a suggested itinerary we will provide you with a credit card authorization form and will offer a 24 hour courtesy hold on your accommodations.
- If within that time we do not receive your credit card confirmation, we will be forced to release your accommodations and other services held in your name.
- We can accept your credit card information over the phone! Please know that your information will be kept confidential at all times- this is our commitment to you.
- For bookings where credit card info is provided over the phone, please expect to receive a full in-country travel itinerary for you to review and also a confirmation form which you will still need to initial and sign-confirming your agreement to the booking & terms for which your reservations are made.
- Deposits can be made by either Visa or Mastercard. We do not accept Discover or AMEX cards.
- 50% deposit required at the time of booking if your arrival is more than 60 days prior to payment. Balance payments can be established for a date provided to you by your agent.
- If you prefer to make your deposit by bank wire transfer, we can send you the required information for this.
- Since we are holding rooms, flights and other services for you, we need to have all deposits or payments in full, in our office within 24 hours of receiving your itinerary.
- Mailing checks can only be done if you send it by express mail which can take up to 7 working days. All deposits should be made out to "Adventures in Belize". You must inform us of your desire to send us a check before doing so.
For a very few packages, some resorts and tour operators we use may require a slightly higher deposit or the balance a little earlier. We will advise you on booking if this rule applies to you.
Cancellation of reservations in part or whole must be received in writing.
- 120-90 days prior to arrival date = FULL refund, less a $100US processing fee per person
- 89 - 60 days will result in a 50% refund, less a $100US processing fee per person
- 59 days or less prior to arrival date will result in no refund.
It is HIGHLY recommended that all clients purchase "Trip Cancellation Insurance" (see next section) in order to cover a possible cancellation of 90 days or less of initiating an itinerary.
Adventures in Belize cannot be held responsible or liable for trip cancellations or altered itineraries due to reasons out of our control. Such as acts of God, including but not limited to heavy rains, flooding, storms, hurricanes or any other natural occurrence. Whenever possible another available tour will be substituted for tour cancellations. Adventures in Belize is not responsible for refunding any portions of any itinerary which the clients do not use. This includes travel arrangements that are either cancelled or postponed due to improper, inadequate or expired travel documents for either yourself or anyone in your travel party, or which is cancelled for your own reasons.
Any vacation plan that is cancelled is to be renegotiated ONLY if the hotel you are booked with is willing to do so. Adventures in Belize is your representative at the respective hotels and we abide by their terms at all times. If your hotel is willing to offer a rebooking option within a given period of time, we are more than happy to work with you on these arrangements however if the vacation must be cancelled completely, the terms of our cancellation policy takes effect in all cases.
If you are concerned about financial loss due to possible late cancellation, we highly recommend that you buy travel insurance. We do not sell travel insurance but we do recommend Travel Guard- Phone (800) 826-1300, or visit their website at www.travelguard.com
Note that trip insurance has to be booked within 7 days of purchasing the trip in order to cover pre-existing medical conditions.
Please see this link for Hurricane or weather related coverage: http://tiny.cc/Hurricane-Insurance
Waivers of Liability
Each hotel has its own set of requirements and conditions. Adventures in Belize is the booking agent only and does not control property terms or rules when guests arrive for check in.
Where required, some properties will ask you to fill out a Liability Waiver. Adventures in Belize is not to be held accountable for any vacation that is cancelled by either yourself or by the hotel that denies you participation in any activity due to your failure to comply with their terms.
Guarantee of Participation
Guaranteed participation on any expedition or tour cannot be made in advance for any person even if you have made a reservation and/or have made a deposit or have made payment in full for any activity. The adventure company and their guides have the right to refuse participation of any person at any time for any reason due to their concern that the person's fitness or actions might put that person, or others, in harm's way. All decisions are final and not arbitrated. Our concern for your safety is our primary mandate. Alternative activities will be recommended or if you prefer, payments made to that adventure company will be refunded in full if they feel that it would be better for your safety if you did not participate on a specific trip.
These are all set many months in advance and we reserve the right to adjust these for any reason, though we will obviously do our best to avoid this. We cannot be responsible for any loss, costs or damages as a result of these changes.
Booking Requirements & Discounts for Hotels & Resorts
Some hotels do have strict booking terms such as minimum of nights at any given period. Adventures in Belize works with each of these hotels and we will pass on their terms to all clients for whom we book.
Some hotels have blackout dates in place for group or other types of bookings.
Adventures in Belize will at all times remain committed to passing on any savings or direct discounts to our clients. Where these are not possible to our agents will truthful inform you and do their best to negotiate the best terms at any given property that you desire to visit.